To create a CodeGrade assignment in Blackboard, first pick which Blackboard user interface you're using, either Ultra or Original.
- 1.Press the small "+" button to add content and press "Content Market".
- 2.Under "Institution Tools" you will see CodeGrade.
- 3.Under "CodeGrade" press the small round "+" button in the bottom right.
- 4.A new assignment with name "CodeGrade" will now be added.
- 5.On the right, press on the 3 dots to edit this assignment.
- 6.Here you can set a name and add a "Gradebook entry" to make this a graded assignment with a due date.
- 7.After saving, click on the newly created assignment and CodeGrade will open.
- 1.Hover over "Build Content".
- 2.Under "Create", select "CodeGrade".
- 3.Add a name and optionally a description for your assignment.
- 4.Set "Points Possible" to something greater than 0, e.g. 10.
- 5.Set a due date
- 6.Click "Submit" to create the assignment.
- 7.Click on the newly created assignment and CodeGrade will open.
If you are using the old LTI 1.1 integration, do not set a due date in Blackboard, as this will be managed via CodeGrade.
Grades are automatically sent back to Blackboard after setting the assignment state to Done in CodeGrade. While the assignment is in the Done state, all grades and changes to grades are immediately sent back to Blackboard.
After creating the assignment in Blackboard, we can go ahead and open it and setup the General Settings: