Adding an inline comment on a Python code file
- 1.To start giving feedback on assignments, simply click on any submission on the Submissions page.
- 3.Start typing a snippet shortcut to autocomplete to a feedback snippet.
With snippets you can easily autocomplete commonly used feedback. Snippets are linked to your personal CodeGrade account and can be managed on the Profile page in CodeGrade. Here, you can find a full list of your snippets and you can edit and delete them.
- To save a personal snippet while providing feedback, click on the Edit button (pencil icon) in the top right corner of the feedback field and then press on the Snippet button in the same location.
- Enter a keyword for the snippet and click on Save button to save it.
Giving feedback to a PDF file
- 1.Select the PDF or Image file and click on the Pencil button on the bottom right corner of the file to display an input field for feedback.
- 2.Enter your comments and press Save. It is also possible to use snippets here.
Giving general feedback on an assignment
It is also possible to give additional general feedback about the submission as a whole. This can be done by clicking the Pencil button on the top right corner of the submission page. General Feedback supports snippets and markdown too. Students can respond to General Feedback - just like with Inline Feedback - and threads can be formed.
Grades and feedback are only visible to students after toggling the "Grades Published" toggle on the Assignment Management Page's general tab. Toggling this will also automatically synchronize your grades with your LMS.