Manage Course Permissions
You can change permissions of default roles and newly created roles. Almost all features and actions in CodeGrade have a corresponding permission, with which you can enable or disable them for certain members in your course.
Managing course permissions in the Course Manager
- 1.Navigate to the Course Management page of your course and go to the Permissions tab.
- 2.Search for the permission you want to enable or disable.
- 3.Enable this permission for the role you want by checking the box in column of that role.
- 4.Changes take effect immediately.
Users may need to reload their page for permissions to take effect.
Permissions allow for endless possibilities. Some common practices are:
- Allowing (a subset of) students to hand in after the deadline.
- Allowing students to see inline comments or answers to their questions before the assignment's grades are published. Give your students the See feedback before grades published permission.
- Let Teaching Assistants help you set up parts of the assignment. For instance helping you with configuring AutoTest (give TAs the Edit the configuration of an AutoTest permission) or with your rubric (give TAs the Manage rubrics permission).
Some permissions allow users to do irreversible actions (delete submissions) or change their own permissions. Change permissions highlighted in red with caution.